3/13/2011

It's Been Awhile

And I regret letting this blog gather dust. I won't give you any
excuses, but I will jump right into what we've been up to.

I've recently been trying to cut costs anywhere we can and that has
meant shopping at Aldi. I'm not one for shopping the sales or clipping
coupons and going to several stores to get good deals, so Aldi has
been great for us. Not only is it cheaper than going to Meijer, but
because it's a bare bones store I've found my impulse buying has gone
WAY down. Our store even has AWESOME produce, which I guess isn't true
for every store. Ask Matt, I'm absolutely ga-ga over Aldi, in case it
wasn't already apparent. Wanna know the best part? I have yet to
break $100 there!

Alice got her tonsils out last month and she's been doing great. She
ended up not being able to attend school at all that first week, and
when she did go back I had to wean her off of her pain meds because
they were making her act out from being tired. For the first two weeks
her uvula was very swollen (totally normal) and her voice was still
muffled, but now it's back to normal and the kid has never sounded
better. No longer does her voice sound muffled and her pronunciation
is great now that her tonsils are gone. All in all we're pretty happy
we had them taken out. Oh and the snoring…IT'S GONE!

I totally gutted and reorganized my craft room recently (and
discovered that I have a yarn stockpile that rivals Cindy's). I moved
things around so I can actually get to things and use them when I want
to. Now I know exactly what I have and it's neat and organized and I
must say, it feels good. My first big project will be Charles's
t-shirt quilt (right after I finish a few small projects).

Matt is working hard, very hard. He's coming to the end of his current
quarter at DuPaul and we hardly see him anymore without a book or his
laptop in front of him. Another year of this will be worth it in the
end, but I have to say I kind of miss him.

Izzy has still been having eating issues so I took her back to the
doctor. Dr. Dan decided to try her out on a different reflux med and
so far it seems like it may be helping! With her you can never tell
because she seems to have bursts where she'll eat great for a bit,
then go back to eating poorly for a long while. I'm hoping it's not
temporary!

There's a little something about all of us to tide you over until next
time. I have to say, I definitely miss this.

1 comment:

Dad said...

So schedule yourself to do it on a regular basis...say once a week on a specific day. We miss your posts.