7/29/2010

I Love Summertime Dinners (210/365)

To me there is nothing better than grilled brats with onions, corn on
the cob, and cucumber. It's a meal I could eat at least once a week -
and I do during the summer. Thankfully for me my whole family loves it
too because they'd have to eat it anyway even if they hated it.

It's actually one of the only meals I make that both girls tend to
scarf down without protest ("Mommy, can we have some wurst for dinner?
We can? YESSSSSSSSS!"). Tonight, however Izzy was not up for it.

Granted she hasn't been eating well a lot lately, but she also has had
several teeth that are on the cusp of breaking through for weeks now.
Some we refer to as gum teeth because they look like teeth already,
but her gums are just still barely covering them.

So that's been making her upset, but today it was more than just her
teeth and I'm afraid she may be sick with something. She woke up after
about a half hour from her nap today burning up with a 101.7*F temp,
and that's with meds (for her teeth) in her system. So we snuggled, I
gave her some Tylenol, and she went back to bed until dinnertime.

She didn't eat much, the theme for the day, but her fever had come
down some and Matt did get her to drink (and apparantly she likes
cocoa-puffs cereal. Hey after trying to get her to eat all day long,
offering her dinner, then cereal with sweet potatoes, and having her
eat very little, I'm thankful she finally ate SOMETHING!). I'm happy
to report that she's sleeping and, knock on wood, without insident.

Hopefully tomorrow she'll feel better!

Please enjoy some pics of the girlies from today (look, it's Izzy's
first hair clip!), and a look at the good eats we had for dinner
tonight. Mmmmm!

No comments: